Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Summer Bucket List- Linking Up!



Hi friends! I apologize for not being able to link up properly...my brain is mush and I couldn't remember/figure out what I was supposed to do to grab the button and have it link back to the blog...so I just added a link. Hopefully you will forgive me! ;)

I linked up last year and made a Summer Bucket List but unfortunately I didn't get to many of the things on my list. I seem to blink and summer is over!! I am going to keep my list short and sweet in hopes that I will accomplish at least half of it! (I'm quite the over achiever)

1) Pool, pool, and more pool! I will be spending much of my summer laying my scarily pale body by the pool in hopes of getting a tan! I am an Irish red head so what will really happen is I will be sitting under an umbrella covered in SPF 50 :)

2) Reading, this school year has been exceptionally exhausting and I haven't read nearly as many books as I usually do. The only thing I have read lately is children's literature...which don't get me wrong, I love...but I am ready for something new!! So if you guys have any suggestions ;)

3) Get organized in my classroom. This is the first year I haven't moved classrooms in my 5 years of teaching...yep, you heard me. 5 years of teaching and 5 classrooms! I will be starting my 6th year of teaching next year and I FINALLY get to stay in the same room. I am absurdly excited about not having to pack up all of my things and lug them to a new room. This year instead of moving I am going to spend my time organizing my cabinets and drawers. In the midst of my moves I had given up on any sort of organization in those areas, but this year (with hopes that I won't be moving again for awhile) I am going to make myself at home and get organized.

4) Run- I love, love, love to run and I am hoping to be ready for a half marathon this fall!

5) A few pinterest projects (I have TONS pinned, but I am going to shoot for finishing at least 3)
I'm not 100% positive that I will do it exactly this way...but all I know is I want a spot for my kids to write their thoughts and ideas during small group. I am hoping this keeps me more organized...becuase I NEVER forget to remind my kiddos to bring their Reader Response Journals back with them :)


Binder clips and label makers are my two favorite things...hence this perfect project :)

I get asked daily...no scratch that HOURLY "what are we doing tomorrow" "when is this happening" etc...I am hoping that a little contraption like this might help cut down on all of the questions-wishful thinking! Also, I have already bought the picture frame so I am halfway there!

Finally...and most importantly I am going to kick back, relax, and enjoy the life of a teacher in the summer! Making all of my friends jealous along the way :)

4 comments:

  1. I love the binder clip idea! My post-its seem to always fall off my stacks and then I have to start over. :)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always seem to plan WAY too much over the summer too. It seems like we will have all this time to do all these amazing things and then.... life happens! I'm glad you're not having to move.. I got to stay put for about 4 years but I am on the move again this year!! Good luck to you this summer with your bucket list!
    Heather
    Kickin' It With Class

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the binder clips idea! With a diverse schedule and large number of classes, these clips will certainly help me manage the paper load...and save a few trees in the process (too many sticky notes).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm going to link up with my bucket list too! What a neat idea. I too had a very exhausting year. I have several books I am reading right now that I had hoped to read over the year, but didn't get to. I also want to get myself organized. I think I am making some small strides in that direction.

    I have nominated you for the Liebster award. Check out my blog for details - This is fun.

    Liebster award nomination

    ReplyDelete