Friday, July 6, 2012

Pintervention Party #3

It's week #3 and I'm still on track! This week I didn't get a chance to make anything for my classroom because I was lucky enough to have family in town all week...so I was VERY busy! Especially spending time with my favorite little girl!

According to my 5 year old cousin we are more than just cousins...we are friends...so on Tuesday night she informed me that we needed to spend some more time together and she was going to sleepover. I of course couldn't say no...and honestly I was excited to have her! However, this meant I had a helper for my pinterest inspired dessert for our 4th of July party.

Now I have never baked anything...unless you count a box of brownies or the cookies you break apart and put on a pan...so my first baking experience with a 5 year old was nothing short of humorous!

The s'more bars turned out deliciously but I'm still not sure what "cream together" means and I'm still confused as to why when the recipe says mix in the sugar it meant the sugar and the brown sugar...joys of first time baking!

The most important part was we had fun and the s'more bars were a hit!
Here is my original pin:

She helped me crush up the Graham Crackers...because this way her hands wouldn't get sticky!
She even wanted to help with the stirring...she was pretty good!
Since I had a helper it was harder for me to take pictures so this is all I have...but let me tell you these puppies are DELICIOUS, and if I can bake them with a 5 year old in the kitchen anyone can do it!
After we were done cooking it was time to get ready for the party...this was my company while I did my hair and make-up. My dog (Gracie) was really tolerant all weekend.
I included the last 2 pictures to show you the most adorable 4th of July outfit EVER! While we were shopping on the 3rd we both saw this and immediately knew she needed it! Best purchase I have ever made...she talked about it ALL day!

4 comments:

  1. Such cute pictures! I'm a new follower :)

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog!
    Cute pictures of your children & puppy. I sure miss when my little girl helped me in the kitchen. She was always covered in the flour. Now, she is in college. :(
    Stop by sometime.
    :)
    Tamera
    http://myheartbelongsinfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look so yummy! I've seen those on Pinterest as well....The hubby would LOVE them! I may have to make them sometime before the summer is over... :)

    I just realized I'm not following you! Lol...I've been joining your linky for the past few weeks and somehow missed that I hadn't added you to my list of follows! So....I guess now I'm your newest follower! :)

    ~Sara~
    Ramblings of a Deaf Ed Teacher's Mind...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pintervention...that is such a great word! I am a new follower.

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete