Sunday, July 1, 2012

Color Run, Blog Awards, and Currently

I cannot believe today is July 1st...this summer has really gotten away from me. So far it has been a great summer filled with fun, friends, family, and blogging!

This weekend I got to do something I have been looking forward to for MONTHS! My friends and I signed up for this back in March and we have patiently been counting down the days till the race. If you don't know what the Color Run is check it out HERE. They have them all over and if there happens to be one in your city...DO IT! Honestly...it's a can't miss!

I have been running for years and I sign up for several races a year, and this was a chart topper!! The cool thing about this race was it wasn't timed and most people walked. There were kids, adults, babies in strollers that participated in this race. The race is a 5k and at each k (1k, 2k, 3k etc) they have a color station where volunteers throw colored powder all over you (much better than it sounds I promise!!) Then at the end they had a huge party and we all had our own color packets to throw into the air...it was color mania!! I'm know I am terrible at explaining this and I am proud of anyone who has read this far without getting distracted...here is a video to show you a little about it


Here are some pics of me and my friends before, during, and after the race:



There was no amount of showering yesterday that would get the color off of my body...It's okay I don't mind having green arms!

Also, I wanted to say thank you to Sara at Ramblings of Deaf Ed Teacher' Mind, Tori at Tori's Teacher Tips and Patty at Second In Line for awarding me with The Versatile Blogger award! Honestly nothing beats having someone give you an award...it's the little things that make me happy!!


So here are the rules:
1. Thank the blogger who gave you the award
2. Include a link to their site
3. Include the award image
4. Give 7 random facts about yourself
5. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award
6. When nominating include a link to their site
7. Let other bloggers know they have been nominated

Alright...random facts hmmm

1. I'm a natural red head and have never dyed my hair
2. I love running and I will be running my first half marathon this fall
3. I have another blog that I post to occasionally (I'm not as consistent as I am with this one)
4. I was a cheerleader for 7 years, all through middle school, high school, and a year in college
5. I taught 5th grade for 3 years and I asked to move to 3rd grade last year
6. I have an unhealthy obsession with reality tv shows...it's my escape!
7. I love doing new, fun things. For example this year I went snowmobiling in Yellowstone and dog-sledding. There is not an adventure that I will turn down.



3rd Grade Sprinkles


Photobucket


 
Photobucket







No Monkey Business









Run Miss Nelsons got the Camera





Make sure to take some time to check out these wonderful blogs! They are definitely some of my favorites!


Alright, last thing I promise!! I'm linking up with Farley over at Oh' Boy 4th Grade for her July "currently"







18 comments:

  1. I loved your color run pictures and shirts. It looks amazing. I need a mani/pedi too! Have you ever tried shellac? It's my new obession. Thank you so much for the lovely award.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for nominating me!!

    That color run looks like so much fun!
    Adventures in Room 5

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color run looks like a blast! And Tale of Desperaux was my fav read aloud too :)

    ~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cousin did the color run at Arrowhead this weekend. We obviously live in the same city. Where do you teach at??

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Color Run sounds awesome :) I am glad you put the Daily 5...I have been trying to get my hands on a (free) copy (I know they have them at school, but with rooms being cleaned, it's hard to get my hands on one!)....I am glad to see people really like it and that it works! Might have to break down and buy my own copy! :)

    Chrissy
    Adventures in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SO SO SO SO excited to do the Color Run in Omaha in...hmmm...13 days!! YAY! It looks like so much fun. GREAT pictures!
    Allie
    The Gypsy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by through the Currently linky. Oh, I love puppy cuddling! What kind of doggy do you have?

    Waving from The Teacher's Chatterbox,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you don't mind, but I too, am giving you the Versatile Blogger award! Yea! It's fun to be honored with this. Stop over at my blog and you'll see how to pick it up!
    Patty
    Second In Line

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need a pedi desperately and I love anything by Kate di Camillo!

    Krazy Town

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Suzanne anything di Camilllo is AWESOME!!! love the tees from your run... and thanks so much for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. amen mani/pedi!
    Blessings,

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class
    I hope that you'll join me for my giveaway ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I ran the Color Run on Sunday! It was very fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My student teacher from last fall just did the color run here in Oklahoma. It looked fun...for running. lol
    I am a new follower.
    Tammy

    First Grade @ Storybook Cafe
    dtklinger@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I found your blog through Farley's Currently. The Color Race sounds like such fun! My husband and I enjoy running in 5k's. I am a new follower.

    Krista
    stellar-students

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't realize you awarded me the Versatile Award! Thanks! I gave it right back to you!

    Courtney
    http://frozenin3rdgrade.blogspot.com/2012/07/staches-at-target.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you for the award!!! :)
    I am now following you! Love your owl theme :)
    Sara

    Miss Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so stoked to have found your blog! It sounds like we have a lot in common-teacher/blogger/runner/formercheerleader! And I was especially excited to see your pics from the color run because I think I am going to do the one in Novemember this year!

    What half marathon are you running? I am running one this weekend....yikes!

    I have nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award! Be sure to head over to my page to check it out:

    http://newmansthirdgrade.blogspot.com/

    -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am giving you the Liebster Blog Award! Please check out my blog for the details!
    Congratulations
    Darleen
    Third Grade Love

    ReplyDelete