Friday, June 8, 2012

Ouch!!


I couldn't have said it better myself. Today is my first official day of summer vacation. After spending last week at conferences  learning about our new reading and writing series and this week at the leadership conference this lazy day in bed is well deserved! 

On top of deserving this lazy day in bed...my body is requiring it. I spent Memorial Day weekend at the lake with my friends and I decided cliff jumping was a good idea. I have jumped off small cliffs many times...but for some reason I thought a 45 ft jump was in order. I ended up landing wrong and really hurting my thigh. I have spent the last 2 weeks nursing some swelling and a pretty gnarly bruise. Well in addition to the bruise on my thigh I thought I pulled a muscle in my chest. Unfortunately 2 weeks later my chest is still killing me. After a trip to the doctor yesterday it turns out I strained muscles in my chest and back as well as bruising my sternum and collarbone. The doctor did some adjustments to release some of the pressure my back was putting on my chest and whatever he did made it worse! (In his defense he said it would get worse before it got better!) I am scheduled to go back to the doctor on Monday but until then I am resting in bed with ice and ibuprofen...I guess cliff jumping isn't a great idea after all!! 

I guess I will just spend the next few days in bed blog-stalking and getting ideas for my classroom! 


2 comments:

  1. Yay for summer!!! Today was my last full day at school (no students though) woohoo!! :)) I'm going to be doing lots of blog stalking this summer, too!

    Katie
    Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I've started planning for The Guiding Readers Book Study and you mentioned you would like to be involved. Here is the link to the schedule if you are still interested.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al132pff8HrZdHl1dDlpNlc4WGZoNjhBVHNJei13WVE

    Beth
    Thinking of Teaching

    ReplyDelete